Pod2G, Chronic Dev Team and iPhone Dev Team released untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 The solution is available in two ways, one as package in Cydia called Corona that can be installed on a terminal that is already tethered jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1, Second way requires redsn0w jailbreak program directly to all those who are updated to iOS 5.0.1.
- iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad 1, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G
- iOS 5.0.1 activated on your iDevice (iPhone unlockers should check pwnage tool).
- Download redsn0w 0.9.10b3 for your operating system: Windows 7 / Vista | Windows XP | Mac and install latest version of iTunes.
- Connected your iDevice to PC / Mac and launch redsn0w.
Windows 7 user note >>> right-click the executable, select Properties and open new menu, go toCompatibility and check Run this program in compatibility mode for then select Windows XP , click Apply and then OK. Now launch redsn0w.
- Now select “Extras” then “Select IPSW” and browse for the iOS 5.0.1 IPSW file.
- Click on “Jailbreak” then “Install Cydia”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to get your device into DFU mode.
- Once done, your device will be rebooted and you’ll get a full untethered jailbreak on iOS 5.0.1.
For those who already have tethered jailbreak on their devices, you can run a jailbreak tweak Corona from Cydia. Follow our previous post : Corona : Untether your iOS 5.0.1 Tethered Jailbreak